We have a long and wonderful history…
68 Years of Service to North Central Florida and We’re Still Growing Strong!
A Brief Overview of our History:
- 1957. Station is founded as “Rock and Roll” WWKE, with theme and logo “Key Radio”. Early studios were in the old Legal Center, now the State Attorney’s building at the corner of NorthEast Pine Street and East Silver Springs Boulevard.
- 1977. Studios moved to the Cascades Office Complex on Silver Springs Boulevard.
- 1986. WWKE’s call letters changed to WOCA, heralding innovative “All News/Talk format.” New call-sign “cements” station to community it serves.
Our accomplishments run in the millions. We’ve proudly:
- Sold untold millions of dollars in merchandise for thousands of valued friends and advertisers.
- Aired an estimate of $50 million in no-charge, public service announcements.
- Impacted the local market with more than $16 Million in payroll since 1965.
During the past 65 years, we’ve brought Ocala Paul Harvey, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mike Huckabee, Glenn Beck,NASCAR, every Indy 500 race, the FSU Seminoles’ National Championships, the Florida Gators, the Tampa Bay Bucs , Miami Dolphins, Miami Hurricanes, Mrs. Bush’s Storytime, AM Stereo, Dick Clark Caravan of Stars, local government officials, and even Santa Claus!
We promise to continue bringing you all your favorites in Newstalk. We’re growing in a fast-paced marketplace and are totally committed to providing our community with lively, interactive information…..unequalled by any other station in the market.
WOCA Fact Sheet
Call Letters The Source WOCA 96.3 FM 1370 AM
City Of License Ocala/Marion County, Florida
Coverage Area Ocala/Marion County and surrounding
Glenn Beck, Todd Starnes, John Tesh, Red eye Radio
Dan Martone Air Talent /Host / Live Remotes
Morning Show: Ocala Talks w/ Tom Schmitz & Guests
Live Reporter Play by Play: Galen Unold